After Your Surgery
Arrange in advance for a responsible adult to pick you up at the center, drive you home and to be available to you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You cannot drive yourself if you have received sedation or anesthesia.
- Please leave your contact ride’s name and telephone number where they can be reached. That way we can communicate with them about the best time for you to be picked up.
- Before you leave the center you will be given written instructions for your care at home
- After you have returned home, be sure to follow you doctor’s orders regarding diet, rest, medication and activity. It is not unusual to feel a little sleepy, lightheaded or dizzy for several hours after your surgery. Do not operate any heavy equipment, sign any important papers or make any significant decisions for at least 24 hours.
- If you have any questions or problems after surgery, please contact your physician.
- A nurse from MSSC will phone you a day or two after your surgery to see how you are and answer any additional questions you might have.
Excellent facility. I felt very well taken care of… by far the best experience I’ve had.”